Rocket City Rock Crawlers Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General 4x4 Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Photogs. Eye Candy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Busy2Whl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Photogs. Eye Candy
    Posted: 29 January 2008 at 9:36am

Website below is from the club I used to belong to. It was a good club, but there was a lot of BS that went with it, maybe it was to big. Just not sure I want to get back into a club have to "work" weekends doing "community projects". What's the RCRC all about? Do you all spend more time wheelin, or picking up trash along the road (not that there's anything wrong with that). Anyway, enjoy the pics and the website. "Red", "White" and "Blue" were the three different trails. Check it out:
http://www.memorial4x4.com/

Made the link clicky....

Edited by alabamatoy
scoutman View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Lame Duck Past Pres, Fab Guy & Club Cook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scoutman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2008 at 2:44am

Here are the basics of who we are.  The club usually has at least one trail ride/event per month with most months having multiple rides due to the various events in the area.  We have vehicles from stock TJ's to full out hybrid monsters with everything in between which looks similar to your previous club.  We are a family oriented club and although most of our activities are related toward rides and our KOTH event, we have had a number of rides with trail cleanup in mind. 

Tellico does an annual cleanup effort with Trout Unlimited which we participate in as well as some local cleanup rides.  We have worked to keep trails open by being good stewards of the lands we ride on and try to stick to the principles of Tread Lightly.  It is unfortunate that not everyone takes care of the one thing that keeps our hobby alive -- land.  Most of our cleanups are rides themselves so no we don't do adopt-a-mile road cleanups.

'Work' days are usually related to building trails, either for KOTH or on members' personal property and most times turn into rides themselves. 

As for community projects we donate to local charities, are members of VOAD, and a few of our members are CERT certified.  Having said all of this, these are just some of the things that some members have participated in but not all members are active with.

I'm not sure how large your last club was but we are typically running on 20-30 paid active members.  We have annual dues but most of them go toward memberships in United and Southern 4wd Associations.  

A typical ride will have about 4-8 rigs, with the most (I've ever seen in the last 6yrs) being 13 rigs.  We have some folks who want to try every obstacle and others who want to just get outdoors.  Either way, it's all good and we try to accomodate regardless of what you drive. 

The thing to keep in mind is that BS is everywhere, it is just in higher concentrations in some places...  I can tell you stuff about the club all day and it won't mean a hill of beans until you meet us and get involved.  If you don't like us that's your deal but if you do then grab a chair and a beer and pull on up to the campfire.  We're having our next meeting on thurs, Feb 7th so if you're available, come check us out. 

76 Scout II in pieces
96 Jeep XJ 33's
99 Jeep XJ Limited
06 Dodge 3500
W5LZQ
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic