FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

classic japanese pickups

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Toydawg View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toydawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: classic japanese pickups
    Posted: 09 April 2017 at 8:07pm
I learned how to drive a manual shift in a truck just like that, except red.  I think it was a 1972 model, that was the last year of the fender mounted turn signals.  I had to sit in the middle on hunting trips, and I would sometimes "accidentally" knock it out gear when my Dad was coasting down a hill...  That was a tough truck; I can assure you that HILUX does not mean High Luxury...
1984 Toyota pickup, locked 5.29s, dual cases, Longfields, 22R with low range cam and header.
98TJ View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98TJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2017 at 1:53pm
I can remember when Shirley and I went down to the Toyota dealer when it was downtown.  It must have been about 1972 or so because the truck we looked at still had the front turn signals mounted on top of the fenders.  We also looked at an FJ.  But we were poor and couldn't afford either.  I think the FJ was $4,400 and the pick up was $2,400.

Edited by 98TJ - 09 April 2017 at 1:56pm
1998 TJ 4.0 5spd Atlas 36" Swampers RE4.5 ARB's 44/44
Toydawg View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toydawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2017 at 1:00pm
"The secret here is that the second-generation 4Runner is nicer and better looking."

Ummm, nope, it just ain't so.
1984 Toyota pickup, locked 5.29s, dual cases, Longfields, 22R with low range cam and header.
alabamatoy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I dont work here anymore...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2017 at 6:49am
"If you didnt buy your 1st gen 4Runner new, then YOU are a newbie!!"

BRC Life Member
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic