Forum Home Forum Home > General > General 4x4 Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ram Trucks go the way of VW?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
I dont work here anymore...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ram Trucks go the way of VW?
    Posted: 15 November 2016 at 10:37am
http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/lawsuit-alleges-ram-cummins-diesel-trucks-are-cheating-1788964000
“The sheer level of fraud and concealment between Chrysler and Cummins is unconscionable, and we believe we have uncovered a deeply entrenched scheme,” Steve Berman, managing partner of Hagens Berman, said in a press release. “Chrysler and Cummins spent years lying through their teeth and making empty promises to deliver the cleanest trucks on the market – lip service to deceptively dominate what they saw as a profitable market.”
Translation: "Somebody made a lot of money off suing VW for cheating on the EPA testing, so we want in on the scam too.  And being as how we are libtards, we hate the whole concept of individual independence and mobility in general and diesel engines in particular, we are going to target Fiat-Chrysler and Cummins since we think they have lots of money which we want to take while bashing people who drive these trucks."
"If you didnt buy your 1st gen 4Runner new, then YOU are a newbie!!"

BRC Life Member
85cruiser View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 85cruiser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2016 at 1:52pm
Dodge isn't doing the cheating thing very well. Helped a buddy move from Southern CO to Kalispell, MT. My 2011 Ford 6.7, CC, long bed truck with loaded bed towing his flat bed trailer with 76 FJ40 weighed in over 2000# more than his 2015 Dodge 6.7, CC Short Bed with enclosed trailer. We drove the same exact route together and I managed to get significantly better fuel mileage. 2-3 and some times 3-4 MPG better over the whole length of the trip.
Patrick

2011 Ford F350, XLT, 4X4, Diesel, Crew cab, long bed

74' FJ-40, The "Bruise"

85' FJ-60, slightly modified

87' FJ60, slightly modified
alabamatoy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I dont work here anymore...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2016 at 6:09pm
Pat, I think the assertion is that the cheating gives very good mileage on the "test" so the EPA gives a better rating than the rig can produce in the real world.

That said, I think there is a large percentage of turbodiesel truck owners who want more performance and are willing to sacrifice mileage.  So the manufacturers are looking to provide that while also getting good EPA numbers that arent really achievable in the real world.
"If you didnt buy your 1st gen 4Runner new, then YOU are a newbie!!"

BRC Life Member
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic