Forum Home Forum Home > General > Politics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Big Texan - Amarillo, Tx

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98TJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Big Texan - Amarillo, Tx
    Posted: 02 June 2014 at 2:46pm
For those of you who have eaten at the Big Texan Steakhouse in Amarillo, Tx on our club trips to Colorado:

Woman eats two 72 oz steaks and all the fixin's in 15 minutes
1998 TJ 4.0 5spd Atlas 36" Swampers RE4.5 ARB's 44/44
CJ7OX View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ7OX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2014 at 3:15am
And I thought I could eat!
~Sean
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the U.S. ARMED FORCES don't have that problem. -Reagan

MOLON LABE
85ish CJ-7/06 CTD

alabamatoy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I dont work here anymore...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2014 at 4:23pm
That's disgusting!  I can't imagine how a 125lb person can eat 9lbs of meat!!!  I have seen that slab-o-beef that they serve, and its bloody huge.  And to eat one in under 5 minutes?!?!
"If you didnt buy your 1st gen 4Runner new, then YOU are a newbie!!"

BRC Life Member
mrs. jpwrangler View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
RCRC Membership Director

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrs. jpwrangler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2014 at 2:52am
Originally posted by alabamatoy alabamatoy wrote:

That's disgusting!  

Not to mention unhealthy.  I can't imagine what damage these "pro eaters" are doing to their bodies.  In a time when the country is promoting healthy eating, I can't believe this type thing even exists... along with the hotdog eating contests.  Just plain stupid.

Lee Anna Wright, RCRC Secretary/Membership Director
CJ7OX View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ7OX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2014 at 3:01am
Originally posted by mrs. jpwrangler mrs. jpwrangler wrote:

That's disgusting!  

Not to mention unhealthy.  I can't imagine what damage these "pro eaters" are doing to their bodies.  In a time when the country is promoting healthy eating, I can't believe this type thing even exists... along with the hotdog eating contests.  Just plain stupid.

Amen! I love steak, but I draw the line at 16oz!
~Sean
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the U.S. ARMED FORCES don't have that problem. -Reagan

MOLON LABE
85ish CJ-7/06 CTD

muddin'metal View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddin'metal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2014 at 5:20am
Originally posted by mrs. jpwrangler mrs. jpwrangler wrote:

That's disgusting!  

Wow... are you brazen enough to want to control what and how much a supposedly "free" person is allowed to eat? 
98TJ View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 98TJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2014 at 6:21am
Don't know what you think you read, but she said it was stupid behavior. She didn't say it should be made illegal.

Now when Michelle O is runnin' things.................

Edited by 98TJ - 04 June 2014 at 6:36am
muddin'metal View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddin'metal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2014 at 7:17am
Originally posted by 98TJ 98TJ wrote:

Don't know what you think you read, but she said it was stupid behavior. She didn't say it should be made illegal.

Now when Michelle O is runnin' things.................

Now that I read it again, I'd have to say you're probably right about what she was trying to say and I can't say that I don't agree with her. That is an unbelieveable amount of red meat for a human to process
98TJ View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98TJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2014 at 7:43am
Yeh, its massive.  It's usually two steaks that look like big pot roasts.  We saw some guy try to eat one the last time we went through there.  They put him up on an little elevated stage so everyone in the place can watch, take photos, video, talk to him, just generally bug him while he is trying to eat.  The guy we saw didn't even eat half of it.  I think they said it was either $50 or $75 if you don't eat the whole thing.

They have a board up with photos of folks who have eaten it; I have often wondered if some of those folks ended up in the Amarillo Emergency Room.  Smile

It's a very good place to eat.  If they served fried oysters, it would be perfect.

Edited by 98TJ - 04 June 2014 at 7:48am
unlblkrubi View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlblkrubi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2014 at 9:33am
Been there enough times to have a full set of their plastic drink cups for our TT. Probably better steak houses around but the ambiance is great.
'18 Renegade Trailhawk
'15 JKUR-Warn-AEV-Rigid-KC-ARB

98TJ View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98TJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2014 at 9:50am
And when you come waddling out of the the restaurant end of the building stuffed to the gills, you got to buy a pound or two of the maple/pecan fudge to keep you awake until Raton Pass.  Stern Smile
cj8lvr View Drop Down
RCRC LLC Member
RCRC LLC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cj8lvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2014 at 3:44am
I downloaded a kidney stone at the Big Texan last month coming home from Moab.
Trust me, would have much rather eaten one of those steaks.
___/| [_\__\],
l___l__L-O|||||O_
_()_)__()_)___()_)

Jake White
Owner of CartoTracks.com Trail Maps
Past RCRC - VP
Past Nat'l CJ-8 Scrambler Owners Association President
Class00499 View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Class00499 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2014 at 2:59am
This story reminds me of the steak eating scene from The Great Outdoors with John Candy.
2009 Jeep Wrangler
Unlimited Sahara
Modifications to come
alabamatoy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I dont work here anymore...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2014 at 6:54am
Originally posted by cj8lvr cj8lvr wrote:

I downloaded a kidney stone at the Big Texan last month coming home from Moab.
Trust me, would have much rather eaten one of those steaks.

You ATE a kidney stone???!!!??  That's so Dead !!  Was it yours, or one you found there at the restaurant??LOL

"If you didnt buy your 1st gen 4Runner new, then YOU are a newbie!!"

BRC Life Member
cj8lvr View Drop Down
RCRC LLC Member
RCRC LLC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cj8lvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2014 at 10:36am
Pretty sure it was mine.
___/| [_\__\],
l___l__L-O|||||O_
_()_)__()_)___()_)

Jake White
Owner of CartoTracks.com Trail Maps
Past RCRC - VP
Past Nat'l CJ-8 Scrambler Owners Association President
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic