Rocket City Rock Crawlers Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Politics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

All youth ATV's and motorcycles banned

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tex62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: All youth ATV's and motorcycles banned
    Posted: 18 February 2009 at 12:41am
Here is also a letter sent to all the US Honda Dealers:

February 6, 2009
Dear Honda Dealer.
This letter provides an update on the status of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act
(“CPSIA” or “Act”) lead content regulations as they relate to the sale of your new and used
inventory of TRX90, CRF50F, CRF70F, and CRF80F models.
Significant efforts continue, including your efforts and communications with legislators, to
exempt small motorcycles and ATVs from these provisions of the Act. The second page of this
bulletin explains some of the larger efforts that industry has undertaken.
We believe that the exemptions from the CPSIA’s lead content regulation necessary to sell small
motorcycles and ATVs ultimately will be granted and, at that time, you will be able to conduct
business as usual. Unfortunately, it does not appear this will happen before February 10, 2009.
Therefore, in order to comply with the Act, American Honda and each Honda dealer must take
specific actions upon opening for business on February 10.
American Honda will send you a list of actions at the end of the day on February 9. This list will
require your immediate attention and action to:
• Stop sale of all new and used CRF50F, CRF70F, CRF80F and TRX90X units.
• Cease all marketing and advertising efforts for these models.
• Remove all display and point of sale materials for these models.
• Stop sale of some replacement parts for use on these models.
In addition, Honda will provide assistance to offset flooring expenses of your inventory for 60
days while we work to ultimately secure exemption.
American Honda would like to thank each of you who have taken action to contact your
legislators to communicate the negative impact of the Act on your business and our customers
without providing any corresponding benefit for children’s safety. Please continue to take action.
It is critical that the wholly unnecessary, negative impacts of the CPSIA be made clear to
legislators so they can take all necessary actions to resolve this matter.
Again, American Honda is continuing efforts to obtain an exemption in order to support the
decades of customers that have purchased and enjoy these models from your dealerships.
With best regards,
American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
Ray Blank
Senior Vice-President
Mike
alabamatoy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I dont work here anymore...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2009 at 6:14am
This stupid law was originally posted here.  Looks like its starting to hit on the ATV indistry.
"If you didnt buy your 1st gen 4Runner new, then YOU are a newbie!!"

BRC Life Member
Tex62 View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tex62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2009 at 7:10am
doh figgures I would get a repost
Mike
Doc Savage View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2009 at 7:29am
Store my wife worked at sold tons of books at 25-50% off the week prior to the law taking effect. Monday beforehand they GAVE AWAY about $5K worth of material rather than throw it away. And it gets better CPSC has offered a ruling giving manufacturers a 1 year reprieve on testing, however the retailers (little guys) get stuck still having to prove lead contents.

This law stinks just as bad as the stimulus.

Robert
Past President, Rocket City Rock Crawlers
Past President, Madison County CERT Association
alabamatoy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I dont work here anymore...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2009 at 9:02am
Originally posted by Tex62 Tex62 wrote:

doh figgures I would get a repost

No, its not a repost, yours is definitely an interesting addition!  I was just pointing out that the original law had been mentioned already.  I think the idiots that came up with this stupid law hadnt the foresight to see where all the impacts would occur.  It sure as hel is going to hit in alot of places.
"If you didnt buy your 1st gen 4Runner new, then YOU are a newbie!!"

BRC Life Member
bluetoy View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluetoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2009 at 9:47am
Originally posted by alabamatoy alabamatoy wrote:

I think the idiots that came up with this stupid law hadnt the foresight to see where all the impacts would occur. 

I thought that was standard procedure for lawmakers on any new law. Angry
TOYOTA FOUR WHEEL DRIVE................need I say more?   
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic