Forum Home Forum Home > General > Politics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ALABAMA TORNADO WARNING!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98TJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ALABAMA TORNADO WARNING!!!
    Posted: 29 April 2014 at 6:49am
1998 TJ 4.0 5spd Atlas 36" Swampers RE4.5 ARB's 44/44
alabamatoy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I dont work here anymore...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2014 at 10:52am
Ain't that the truth.  I'm embarrassed at how our leadership is responding to these weather events.  Today, schools were closed, RSA was closed, and it was a wonderful sunny day.

34,000 people died in 2012 in car accidents.  That's approx 93 a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.  According to this chart, there are about the same number of deaths each YEAR from tornadoes (a few more, 109), all across the US. 

Our reaction to this threat is utterly preposterous.
"If you didnt buy your 1st gen 4Runner new, then YOU are a newbie!!"

BRC Life Member
RL-RRC View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Curator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RL-RRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2014 at 2:38pm
According to that chart a hot day is more dangerous than a tornado. Let's take off when its hot now.
96 Lexus lx450
85 Toyota Truggy built by Don
02 Jeep WJ
Chance favors the prepared!

98TJ View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98TJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2014 at 11:51pm
Back in the 70's, I had a buddy who lost an eye standing in his front yard watching a tornado go by.
alabamatoy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I dont work here anymore...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2014 at 12:31am
Originally posted by 98TJ 98TJ wrote:

Back in the 70's, I had a buddy who lost an eye standing in his front yard watching a tornado go by.

That reminds me of that old Bill Cosby routine about the kid whose mother wouldn't let him go to any party without written invitations, because a friend of hers had a kid who was hit by an airplane while he was walking to a word-of-mouth party.
"If you didnt buy your 1st gen 4Runner new, then YOU are a newbie!!"

BRC Life Member
98TJ View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98TJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2014 at 2:08am
Apparently he was pretty close to the tornado when it went by and he got hit in the eye with some debris that got slung out of it.  As recall, that dude later got killed riding in a horse drawn wagon somewhere in north Huntsville; or it might have been his brother.  I forget and it was a long time ago.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic