Forum Home Forum Home > General > General 4x4 Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

21st ANNUAL TRAIL OF TEARS MOTORCYCLE RIDE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98TJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 21st ANNUAL TRAIL OF TEARS MOTORCYCLE RIDE
    Posted: 16 September 2016 at 3:29am
Huntsville Police Department

21st ANNUAL TRAIL OF TEARS MOTORCYCLE RIDE

Huntsville, Alabama (September 15, 2016) The 21st Annual Trail of Tears Motorcycle Ride will be coming through Huntsville Saturday September 17, and it is anticipated to impact traffic flow along major roadways.

Thousands of motorcycle enthusiasts participate in the Trail of Tears ride each year to commemorate the forced removal of 17,000 Cherokee Indians from their homes.

The ride will come into Huntsville from Scottsboro on Highway 72 East. They will continue west on I-565 to exit 3, Greenbrier Road, and stop at Rocket Harley. They will leave Rocket Harley Davidson at 12:30 p.m. and travel north on Mooresville Road to Highway 72 West.

All entrance ramps to travel westbound on I-565 will be closed for the safety of the riders as the ride travels through Huntsville. The Huntsville Police Department will be coordinating the ride and working with the Alabama State Troopers and Madison County Sheriff's Department as the riders travel through and exits Huntsville. If traveling in the area of I-565 expect delays between 9:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m.

1998 TJ 4.0 5spd Atlas 36" Swampers RE4.5 ARB's 44/44
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic